Hello there! I’m an children’s illustrator / author living in Lincolnshire, UK.
My debut picture book ‘Nipper and the Lunchbox’ (Child’s Play) was published in the UK, USA and Australia in 2018. The book also has three co-editions (danish, dutch and turkish) and features in the 2018 Peters’ calendar. In 2019 it was nominated for the ‘Read it Again!’ award, Cambridgeshire Libraries’ children’s picture book award and more recently won a ‘Northern Lights Book Award’ (an award honoring children’s literature of exceptional merit) in the ‘Animals / Pets’ category.
In 2014 I achieved a first class degree in Ba(Hons) Illustration at Norwich University of the Arts. From a young age have always loved drawing and in that same year I decided to follow my passion for children’s books and apply for a place on the prestigious MA Children’s Book Illustration course at Cambridge School of Art where I graduated from in 2017.
My work is full of painterly shape and colour bought together by drawn line. I often work in gouache, watercolour paint and pencils and ink. I love creating characters (especially animals!) and conveying gentle humour. I also run my own Etsy store and have recently done a lot of Wedding Stationary commissions.
For all Illustration / Literary enquiries please contact my agent Caroline Walsh at David Higham Associates
For Personal Commissions or questions you can email me at: email@example.com
Find me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @lucydillamore
Check out my Etsy Shop
Or see me on Instagram below!
I am available for Author / Illustrator Events and am based in Lincolnshire. However I would be happy to travel!
Some activities we could do in the day include;
- Reading: I have enjoyed reading my picture book ‘Nipper and the Lunchbox’ in an interactive and fun way.
- Writing / Storytelling Workshops: Looking at different ways to approach a story, learn what’s important in a story, write our own or maybe write a sequel to my book!
- Drawing Workshops: Experimenting with different ways of approaching drawing and the different mediums we could use. We could gather our drawings and create a big display at the end of the day
- Live Drawing: I’m more than happy for you to test me with my live drawing skills, this always seems to go down well and is entertaining for all!
- Activity Sheets: I have a range of book based activity sheets I am happy to bring along with me on the day.
- Q and A Sessions in which you can ask me anything you like!
- Learn about Me: How I came to be a Children’s Book Illustrator / Author, how my book came to be and where I got my ideas from.
- Book Sales & Signing: I am more than happy to bring along books to sell and sign on the day, all of which I am happy to organise and oversee.
Please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for any more information or enquiries.
Author Day at Tower Road Academy 2018
(Above) Author Day at Boston West Academy 2018