Initial Imagery – Flowers for Algernon
Over the past couple of days I’ve been playing around with ink to create different imagery for my ‘Flowers for Algernon’ project. Here are a few examples.
Above I tried to make a really rough, gharish blurry face by letting the ink run each other which came out in an interesting way I thought. However maybe it does look too ‘creepy’ and needs to be more refined.
These green areas are where ink leaked through onto this drawing from another ink covered piece of paper. I have been playing around with the amount of ink I use to create memory or uncertainness and confusion. I will see where this leads.
Finally, one thing I did was turn things over as usually on the reverse side of the paper the ink would have seeped through and made some really interesting marks like here for example: this, in my opinion looks much better than the original painting / drawing on the other side.
Obviously these images don’t stand on their own but their purpose for me is to get a grasp with paints and inks and just playing around with media and mood really. I hope to layer up these with other images as well as creating collage out of these unusual marks.